This week Pentaho unveiled a massive 5.0 release with over 250 new features and improvements. One of the biggest features was a new native integration with MongoDB, and a bunch of new reporting capabilities for it. The release called the new feature "the first analytics capability with full support for MongoDB Replica Sets, Tag Sets and Read and Write Preferences."
Here are the other highlights of the 5.0 release from the PR:
- Simplified analytics and user experience
- New Pentaho User Console and streamlined user interface
- Re-designed experience for administrators
- Industry leading operational reporting for MongoDB
- Enterprise-ready big data integration
- Over 100 new features in Pentaho Data Integration
- New functionality to help IT manage huge data volumes efficiently
- Simplified Embedded Analytics
- New REST services for third-party applications
- New capabilities to blend big data “at the source”
- Architected data blending for complete and accurate analytics
- Deliver “analytics ready” blended data to any user
You should also check out Pentaho's Kettle community software for data integration.
[Kettle] delivers powerful Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) capabilities using an innovative, metadata-driven approach. With an intuitive, graphical, drag and drop design environment, and a proven, scalable, standards-based architecture, Pentaho Data Integration is increasingly the choice for organizations over traditional, proprietary ETL or data integration tools. Community Edition is self supported open source software.