Originally Written by Hrvoje Matijakovic
Percona XtraBackup enables MySQL backups without blocking user queries, making it ideal for companies with large data sets and mission-critical applications that cannot tolerate long periods of downtime. Offered free as an open source solution, Percona XtraBackup drives down backup costs while providing unique features for MySQL backups.
- Percona XtraBackup has been rebased on MySQL 5.6.21.
- The fix for bug #1079700 introduced a problem for users with huge numbers of InnoDB
tablespaces, and the workaround of raising the open files limits didn’t
work in all cases due to a limitation in the Linux kernel. A new
--close-filesoption has been implemented to close the file handles once they are no longer accessed. NOTE: Using this option may result in a broken backup if DDL is performed on InnoDB tables during the backup procedure. Bug fixed #1222062.
- Fix for bug #1206309 introduced a regression in Percona XtraBackup 2.2.0 which caused Percona XtraBackup to fail to copy redo logs in random cases. Bug fixed #1365835.
--galera-infodidn’t copy the last binlog file when it was taking a backup from server where backup locks are supported. Bug fixed #1368577.
- xtrabackup binary would accept arguments that were not options, which could lead to unexpected results. Bug fixed #1367377.
- If innobackupex is run against MySQL 5.1 with built-in InnoDB, it will now suggest using Percona XtraBackup 2.0 or upgrading to InnoDB plugin, rather than just failing with the generic unsupported server version message. Bug fixed #1335101.
- Using the (deprecated)
mysqldsection would cause backups to fail. Bug fixed #1347698.
- Percona XtraBackup now uses MySQL code to get the stack trace in case Percona XtraBackup crashes with a segmentation fault or an assertion failure. Bug fixed #766305.
- Attempt to use any of the following options without the
--incrementaloption now fails with an error message rather than creates a full backup:
--incremental-history-uuid. Bug fixed #1213778.
Release notes with all the bugfixes for Percona XtraBackup 2.2.5 are available in our online documentation. Bugs can be reported on the launchpad bug tracker. Percona XtraBackup is an open source, free MySQL hot backup software that performs non-blocking backups for InnoDB and XtraDB databases.