- User Interface/Experience - a rich user interface that provides a great user experience. When using the phone, everything should come naturally, with ease, and should have the WOW factor that makes you never want to leave the phone out of your hands. Doing common tasks should not take more than a few clicks.
- Application Ecosystem - Having many applications to chose from is not as important as having quality applications, those that satisfy a particular need, like finding a place to eat, checking your email, or playing Doom. Integrating location, social networking, and sensors is a must.
- Battery Life - it better not leave me hanging after a full day of use, or in the middle of a call, or while searching for a place to eat using the GPS.
- Development Ecosystem - provide a rich set of APIs that can access all the features of the phone, and can provide the best user experience. Provide tools that can be used to make it easier to write apps. Publishing an application should not involve much hassle.
- Openness - here I refer to not only an open and free platform, but to a platform that allows any mobile technology to work on it.
- Enterprise - features such as security, integration with email/calendar/notes/contacts servers, messaging, to name just a few.
Perfect Mobile Platform
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Published at DZone with permission of Mihai Fonoage, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.