This article explains the important features included in the new release of Aspose.Email for Java 5.6.0. It includes a new feature of performing Mail Merge similar to the .NET equivalent version of the API. In addition, it contains a number of enhancements related to various API functional areas. It already provided support for performing Mail Merge using the TemplateEngine class. This feature helps create and send a batch of similar email messages. The core of the emails is the same but the content can be personalized. This month’s release provides the same functionality of performing Mail Merge for creating and sending emails of the same nature. This month release provides the capability to render calendar events while converting messages to MHTML. This can be achieved using the MhtFormatOptions.RenderCalendarEvent enumerator. This month’s release also includes an enhancement of setting or changing a PST password. This is achieved by setting the password using the changePassword method of PST store. The same method can be used to remove the password of the PST as well. Information about the contents of an attachment can now be retrieved using the attachment header. This information is contained and can be retrieved from the “Content-Description” header of an attachment. Calendar events contain information about the recipient’s status for attending the meeting. This information can now be retrieved using the Aspose.Email API from the response message. The MapiRecipient class’s getRecipientTrackStatus method returns the status of the recipient. In addition the new features and enhancements, the API contain a number of other improvements as a result of bug fixes. Since the API is auto-ported from its equivalent .NET version, all the bug fixes contained in .NET version are also part of this month’s release. The main improved features & bug fixes added in this release are listed below
- Managing email templates: Uses specified template to construct E-Mail messages.
- Render calendar events from ICS to Mhtml
- Handle the meta-tag charset = unicode
- Option to retrieve Content-Description from mail attachment
- Set PST password similar to Outlook
- Set main connection by default for operations in manually created threads
- Provision to know status of the recepients for IPM.Schedule.Meeting messages
- MSG Creation creates invalid stream?
- Headers lost during MailMessage to MapiMessage conversion
- Wrong start of recurrence while parsing RRULE
- Inline image missing in resultant message while loading HtmlBody with commented text
- Appointment.Save changes appointment type from REPLY to REQUEST
- SmtpClient.Timeout not respecting the set timeout value
- Signed and encrypted message has different IsSigned and IsEncrypted properties as compared to Outlook
- Issue in IsSigned and IsEncrypted properties after retrieving mails by Pop3Client
- TimeZone not saved in MapiCalendar
- Docx->MHT->MSG: Font Styles and formatting is not respected
- Issue with Aspose.Email.Formats.Outlook.Msg.MessageObject.Save
- Appointment.Save removes the Categories field from the ICS file
- IMAPClient.ListFolders shows 0 count Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release.
Overview:Aspose.Email for Java
Aspose.Email for Java is a Non-Graphical Java component that enables Java applications to read and write Microsoft Outlook documents without utilizing Microsoft Outlook. It enables developers to create new MSG file from scratch, update an existing MSG file, read Outlook MSG file & get it's properties like subject, body, recipients in to, cc and bcc, Adding or removing attachment, sender information and MAPI properties. Aspose.Email for Java can be used with Web as well asDesktop Application.