We’re happy to finally announce a long anticipated PhpStorm 2.0 — the intelligent PHP IDE! It took time to appear but we are very happy with the result and want to heartily thank all the early adopters for their invaluable feedback.
This new release focuses on adding support for the latest standards: PHP 5.3 namespaces and closures, ECMAScript 5 and makes debugging a lot easier with a zero-configuration debugger. It also extends our code analysis capabilities to provide more inspections and quick-fixes for your code, adds command line tool support for Zend_Tool and Symfony.
The key changes include:
- Complete PHP 5.3 support including namespaces and closures
- Zend Debugger support & zero-configuration debugging in all browsers
- Command line tool support including completion for Zend_Tool and Symfony
- Full-fledged editors for SQL queries with editable query results
- ECMAScript 5 “use strict” support
- Support for Leaner CSS (LESS) and SASS/SCSS extensions for CSS added
- Relax NG for XML
- Added Mercurial support
- Integration with issue trackers is extended with GitHub, PivotalTracker and RedMine
- Reworked UI for all supported platforms: Windows, Mac OS and Linux
"Develop with pleasure!"