Pie in the Sky Cloud Links from Last Week
The Cloud Zone is brought to you in partnership with Mendix. Better understand the aPaaS landscape and how the right platform can accelerate your software delivery cadence and capacity with the Gartner 2015 Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Application Platform as a Service.
It's been a busy week and I'm looking forward to spend some time this weekend on this weeks links. Hopefully you'll find them as interesting as I do:
- Tips for a successful submission to the Windows Azure App Gallery: Useful information if you have an application that you want in the Gallery.
- Docker.io: Docker is a Linux container thing that allows you to package up your application/scripts/support files, etc. and then deploy it and run it in isolation on any x64 machine with a modern Linux kernel.
- Windows Azure Mobile Services adds HTML support: So you can talk to the back-end mobile services directly from the HTML5 app.
- Node v0.10.3: Another week, another Node.js release.
- Localize your Node.js service (part 1 of 3): Learn how to localize your application.
- Socket.io-servicebus: Using Windows Azure Service Bus as the backing store for Socket.IO.
- Jeff’s Guide to Installing Ruby on Rails: Nice guide and resources for beginners.
- Instacode: For when your code isn’t hip enough.
- jQuery adds support for Windows Store apps: jQuery is adding full support for Windows Store apps in the upcoming v2.0 release.
- Building Windows Store Applications with jQuery 2.0: And here’s a tutorial on using jQuery with Windows store apps.
- EmberScript: A CoffeeScript derived language with support for the Ember.js runtime.