Pie in the Sky Links for the Cloud
The Cloud Zone is brought to you in partnership with Mendix. Discover how IT departments looking for ways to keep up with demand for business apps has caused a new breed of developers to surface - the Rapid Application Developer.
After a very mild fall and early winter, it's finally turned off very cold here. Hopefully you're keeping warm this weekend! Here's a few links for your weekend reading:
- TypeScript 0.8.2: A new preview is out. Read more about the new version in the link.
- Node v0.8.18: Another week, another Node.js release.
- Understand the Favicon: You know, that little site-specific icon that shows up in your browser address bar.
- Building the Bing apps for Windows 8: News, Weather, Finance, sports, Travel and Maps are all Bing apps. This article talks about the architecture of these apps, common controls they use, etc.
- WordPress Database Error on Azure: What happens when you run out of space in your DB.
- Windows Azure Active Directory Cartoon: Channel 9 talks about the differences between Windows Server Active Directory and Windows Azure Active Directories.
- How to Use Windows Azure Media Services in Java: The title is pretty self-explanatory.
- Browse and use images from the VM Depot in the Windows Azure Portal: It’s hidden under the Images section, but it’s now in the portal instead of a separate site.
- Teaching your Windows Azure Website new deployment tricks with azure-cli 1 of XXX: Running Mocha Tests: How to create a deployment script that runs Mocha tests when you deploy to a Windows Azure web site.
- Service Bus Notification Hubs - Code Walkthrough - iOS Edition: A video of using Service Bus notification hubs with iOS applications.