Pie in the Sky Links for the Cloud
After a very mild fall and early winter, it's finally turned off very cold here. Hopefully you're keeping warm this weekend! Here's a few links for your weekend reading:
- TypeScript 0.8.2: A new preview is out. Read more about the new version in the link.
- Node v0.8.18: Another week, another Node.js release.
- Understand the Favicon: You know, that little site-specific icon that shows up in your browser address bar.
- Building the Bing apps for Windows 8: News, Weather, Finance, sports, Travel and Maps are all Bing apps. This article talks about the architecture of these apps, common controls they use, etc.
- WordPress Database Error on Azure: What happens when you run out of space in your DB.
- Windows Azure Active Directory Cartoon: Channel 9 talks about the differences between Windows Server Active Directory and Windows Azure Active Directories.
- How to Use Windows Azure Media Services in Java: The title is pretty self-explanatory.
- Browse and use images from the VM Depot in the Windows Azure Portal: It’s hidden under the Images section, but it’s now in the portal instead of a separate site.
- Teaching your Windows Azure Website new deployment tricks with azure-cli 1 of XXX: Running Mocha Tests: How to create a deployment script that runs Mocha tests when you deploy to a Windows Azure web site.
- Service Bus Notification Hubs - Code Walkthrough - iOS Edition: A video of using Service Bus notification hubs with iOS applications.