Pie in the Sky Links for Cloudy Readers
The Cloud Zone is brought to you in partnership with Iron.io. Discover how Microservices have transformed the way developers are building and deploying applications in the era of modern cloud infrastructure.
Happy New Year, everyone! The blog has been relatively quiet in the last few weeks, but that means we have accumulated a ton of interesting reading. Some of these links might be a couple weeks old, but many of them are fresh reading. Regardless, they are all worth a glance (as if you didn’t have anything else to do as the new year gets rolling). Enjoy…
- Rails SQL injection vulnerability - hold your horses, here are the facts: You might have heard recently that Rails applications were vulnerable to SQL injection. This blog goes into details on the exploitable scenario.
- Rails 2.3.10, 3.1.9, and 3.0.18 have been released: And while we’re at it, the latest releases of Rails fixes the vulnerability discussed in the previous link.
- Simple PowerShell scripting with Azure PowerShell cmdlets: Glenn Block demonstrates scripting using the Windows Azure PowerShell cmdlets.
- azure-cli 0.6.9 ships, pure joy: Glenn walks you through the highlights of the latest release of the command line tools for Windows Azure.
- Simple bash scripting for ‘azure’ cli: Glenn’s at it again with scripting, this time using the Windows Azure Command-line Tools.
- Announcing Windows Azure Media Player Framework Preview for iOS: You might have missed this one over the holidays, but there’s now a preview framework that lets iOS developers consume content from Windows Azure Media Services.
- A New Streaming API for Node v0.10: A heads up about the new stream implementation coming in v0.10.
- Node.js 0.8.16 released: Another week, another Node.js release.
- Using LucidWorks on Windows Azure (Part 2 of a multi-part MS Open Tech series): "For this post, we’ll start with the main feature of LucidWorks – quickly creating a LucidWorks instance by selecting LucidWorks from the Azure Marketplace and adding it to an existing Azure Instance. It takes a few clicks and a few minutes."
- phpMyAdmin on Windows Azure Web Sites: Ruslan Yakushev shows you how to setup phpMyAdmin in Windows Azure Web Sites.
- From Relational to Riak- Advantages, Tradeoffs and Considerations: A whitepaper overview (which you can download). And, of course, Riak is available on Windows Azure.
- Hosting Multiple WordPress Sites for Free on Windows Azure: Getting a single WordPress site running in Windows Azure is only a few clicks. Getting multiple sites up isn't much harder.
- Windows Azure Websites and PhpStorm: Maarten Balliauw shows you how to use PHPStorm to build websites for Windows Azure.
- Working with Windows Azure from within PhpStorm: Maarten show you how to use the Windows Azure command line tools from PHPStorm.
- How to develop for Windows Phone 8 on your Mac: "Interested in developing apps for Windows Phone 8, but you are developing on a Mac? No problem...check out the guide below to find a variety of options."
- Windows Azure: A look back and hints of what's ahead: I like "year in review" articles.