PrimeFaces 1.0.0 and 2.0.0 are released. This release cycle promotes PrimeFaces to production ready status, add first class JSF 2.0 support, contains over 100 issue fixes, features 6 new components and adds various enhancements. Here’s the list of significant changes.
- New component: Schedule
- New component: ScheduleEventDialog
- New component: ImageCompare
- New component: GraphicText
- New component: NotificationBar
- New component: TreeNode
- Partial View Processing (eg. Validation,Model Update) for ajax/non-ajax requests
- DataTable enhancements (Ajax data filtering, custom sorting, bug fixes)
- Tree enhancements (Customizable TreeNodes, built-in checkbox selection)
- Added support to exporting only current page using DataExporter
- Custom component rendering support in menuitems
- New RequestContext API to pass parameters from JSF backing beans to ajax callbacks like oncomplete
- 3x faster Dom updates with ajax thanks to jQuery 1.4 update
I’ve also added 50 more pages to the User’s Guide which makes it 350 pages in total.
Next release of Primefaces will feature new components such as progressBar, contextMenu, treeTable, rssPublisher, timeLine and many more surprises.