As many of you know, Weiqi Gao, Stephen Chin, Dean Iverson and I have been writing a book entitled Pro JavaFX that is targeted at serious developers who want to use JavaFX. In addition to the book being available in printed form by JavaOne 2009, we made the decision last week to allow the book to be offered as an Apress Alpha (early access) eBook. This enables you to see the chapters of the book as drafts are submitted and are revised, which gives you access to the content as soon as it is created (typos and all). This also enables us to fine-tune the material based upon your feedback.
Here's a list of the chapters that will be in the book:
- Getting a Jump Start in JavaFX
- Taking a Closer look at the JavaFX Language
- Creating a User Interface in JavaFX
- Defining Functions and Classes in JavaFX
- Creating Custom UI Components in JavaFX
- Using the Media Classes
- Advanced Features of the JavaFX Language
- Dynamically Laying out Nodes in the User Interface
- Extending JavaFX with Third Party Libraries
- Building a Professional JavaFX Application
- Developing JavaFX Mobile applications
Currently, five chapters (1, 2, 3, 4, 8) are available for download, and each of these is in first or second draft. Chapters 6 and 9 will be available soon as first drafts.
Weiqi, Stephen, Dean and I welcome you to join us in this journey as we complete the development of what is becoming a definitive treatment of JavaFX for professional developers.