During the last few months Ido Flatow and I were writing an SPA book for Apress. I’ve just got a notification from my editor that the book is going live in Apress Alpha during the weekend and that we can start talking about it. I’m excited to announce “Pro Single Page Application Development”:
In Part II, you’ll build the client for your application. This is where the magic happens, as the authors take you through the process step by step. Backbone.js is the ideal library for demonstrating SPA development in practice, but you can apply the same principles with other frameworks in your future applications. Part III takes you through the process of building the server side of your application using ASP.NET Web API, and hooking up the two parts of your application to create a working whole. SPA development also comes with its own particular challenges, including tracking history, user interface performance, and how to handle search engine optimization. In the final chapters, the authors guide you through some of these issues and advanced techniques and finish by showing you how to deploy your application. As SPAs become the de facto method of web application development, the in-depth Pro Single Page Application Development will be your one-stop shop for creating fluid, modern applications on the web.
What You’ll Learn
· Reasons to master single page application development
· SPA architecture and key concepts
· Meet the popular Backbone.js library and how to use it to build an SPA
· Create a back end with ASP.NET Web API and consume it from your SPA
· How to unit test and performance tune your application
· Overcome the difficulties of search engine optimization in single page applications
Who This Book is For
I’ll add more details and a link to the book’s web page when it will be online in Apress website.