Programming for iOS 7: Tutorials, Resources, Guides and More
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
One thing about being off wandering while everybody else is getting up to speed on a new iOS: Hey, they’ve got all their writeups ready for you to read when you get back. And my my, there are quite a lot this time around!
TL;DR – Head over to chez Wenderlich and pick up iOS 7 by Tutorials. This series has been a great one-stop for not overlooking anything worth attention since iOS 5, and this latest 823 page magnum opus keeps up that tradition (or, if you feel like freeloading, check out the free samples: UIKit Dynamics Tutorial, What’s New in Objective-C and Foundation, Text Kit Tutorial, How to Update Your App for iOS 7).
Still here with lots of time to read? Well, good. You’ll need it!
- Getting to Know TextKit
- UICollectionView + UIKit Dynamics
- View Controller Transitions
- From NSURLConnection to NSURLSession
- Multitasking in iOS 7
- iOS 7: Hidden Gems and Workarounds
- Re-Designing an app for iOS 7
And if you’re looking for design tips, there’s plenty in that UI Design for iOS 7 collection we started back when that was new.
Other miscellaneous collections and tidbits worth checking out:
- Your Essential iOS 7 Developer’s Guide
- iOS 7 Source Code Examples Covering UI Kit Dynamics And More
- UIMotionEffects for Dummies
- Creating a Custom Flip View Controller Transition and An Interactive Tab Bar Controller Transition
- Library Providing A UIColor Category For Easy Access To iOS 7 Colors
- Lifting the lid on the iOS 7 UIPicker
- A simple way to detect at runtime if we’re running in UIKit legacy mode or the new “flat” variant
And in case you missed it in our ARM64 collection, plan your device testing matrix with:
Published at DZone with permission of Alex Curylo, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.