With over 1 billion users worldwide, Facebook is a key social platform for financial services professionals to reach out and connect with customers. Every day, agents and advisors use their Facebook Business Pages to share content, post updates on their business, and provide useful insights into what is happening in the market.
But it is a simple truth that as more advisors and other business owners use Facebook Business Pages, the more crowded a users’ news feeds will become. At best, a user can sift through dozens or maybe a hundred updates a day.
To reduce noise and keep a user’s news feed as relevant as possible, Facebook uses over 1000 filters to determine which posts should get highlighted. Instead of presenting every single story in a user’s network, the company algorithmically chooses the best posts to display to provide the best possible reach and engagement.
In a recent TechCrunch article, Will Cathcart (Facebook News Feed Director of Product Management) highlighted the main filters:
- How popular (Liked, commented on, shared, clicked) are the post creator’s past posts with everyone
- How popular is this post with everyone who has already seen it
- How popular have the post creator’s past posts been with the viewer
- Does the type of post (status update, photo, video, link) match what types have been popular with the viewer in the past
- How recently was the post published
As an agent or advisor, you’ve worked hard to build a loyal and active following on your Facebook Business Page. Make sure you keep those followers engaged and up-to-date by posting timely, relevant content.
Focusing on consistency and quality of content will help you increase the prominence of your business page’s posts in your followers’ news feeds.