Quality Jam 2016 Recap
Quality Jam 2016 Recap
The mission of Quality Jam was inspire and empower the software testing community, and the day was packed full of powerful speakers, amazing people, some hustle and a lot of handshakes.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
The Agile Zone is brought to you in partnership with Techtown Training. Learn how DevOps and SAFe® can be used either separately or in unison as a way to make your organization more efficient, more effective, and more successful in our SAFe® vs DevOps eBook.
This month, Quality Jam emerged as the first-ever QASymphony User Conference for the software testing industry, welcoming over 175 attendees from coast to coast. The conference certainly packed a punch—from Scott Berkun teaching us about “innovation’ and thought provoking panels to networking and a fun happy hour.
The mission of Quality Jam was inspire and empower the software testing community. To weave the leaders and practitioners into the fabric of the biggest innovations that are driving software testing teams.
The day was packed full of powerful speakers, amazing people, some hustle and a lot of handshakes. You can view a gallery of some of our favorite pictures from the day on Facebook.
Kicking Off The Keynotes
The morning session kicked off with Dave Keil, CEO of QASymphony, who welcomed attendees to the first-ever Quality Jam conference and detailed the agenda for the day— action-packed with best selling authors, industry influencers and some of our most inspiring clients and partners.
Scott Berkun, Best – Selling Author of The Myth of Innovation and self-proclaimed “storyteller” captivated the audience as he took us on a journey through history. He pointed out that the Wright Brothers were “Testers” – experimenting and studying why prototypes worked and didn’t work. And shared his theory on people who use Jargon are the least confident.
“Whoever uses the most jargon has the least confidence in their ideas”
I’ve compiled a list of all the keynotes and sessions below for you to easily access:
Recorded Keynotes and Sessions
- Welcome – Dave Keil, CEO of QASymphony | Watch Now
- Keynote: The Myth of Innovation – Scott Berkun, Best-Selling Author | Coming Soon
- The State of Agile – Panel Discussion | Watch Now
- The Impact of Agile Development on Testing – Panel Discussion | Watch Now
- Agile- Test Evolution: Changing Test Strategy Over Time – Matt Heusser | Coming Soon
- Making the Transition from Tester to leader – Keith Klain | Coming Soon
- Breaking the Documentation Bottleneck – Panel Discussion | Coming Soon
- QASymphony 2016 Product Roadmap – Jonathan Alexander, CTO of QASymphony | Watch Now
- BDD, TDD, and ATDD for the Enterprise – Kevin Dunne and Adam Satterfield| Coming Soon
You can view all the slides over on Slideshare.
It is our hope that you wrapped up Quality Jam with excitement for the future of software testing, fueled by industry influencers, experts and peers who shared their insights and experiences. Thank you for making this a reality and one of the most memorable days in QASymphony history!
Published at DZone with permission of Jeff Perkins , DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.