Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.
Join For Free
Learn more about Kotlin, a new programming language designed to solve problems that software developers face every day brought to you in partnership with JetBrains.
Installation & Config
- Download tcServer Developer’s Edition – current version is 2.5.1 (free registration required)
- Make a directory for tcServer (such as /opt/tcserver or c:\tcserver)
- Unzip the downloaded file into that directory
- Type at command line in your tcServer directory (.sh for unix/mac, .bat for Windows): tcruntime-instance.sh create myInsight -t insight
- Start STS (I am using 2.7.1)
- From menu: File > New > Other… > Server > Server
- Scroll to VMware, choose VMware vFabric tcServer 2.5
- Click Configure Runtime Environments link
- Add new tcServer, setting the location to your tcServer directory, press OK
- Choose the newly configured Server Runtime Environment from the drop down
- Press Next
- Choose Existing Instance radio button
- Choose myInsight from the dropdown
Deploying & Running with Insight
- R-click on a web app, Run on Server (or drag and drop to tcServer in Server view)
- If server not running press the Green play arrow in the Server view toolbar
- Popup: Spring Insight is Available… enable gathering of metrics? – Click YES
- Connect to your app – e.g. http://localhost:8080/myapp
- Connect to Insight – http://localhost:8080/insight
The Java Zone is brought to you in partnership with JetBrains. Discover how powerful static code analysis and ergonomic design make development not only productive but also an enjoyable experience.