- Is the image in the same directory as the file referencing it?
- Is the image in a directory below?
- Is the image in a directory above?
By "below" and "above", I mean subdirectories and parent directories. Relative file paths give us a way to travel in both directions. Take a look at my privative example:
Here is all you need to know about relative file paths:
- Starting with "/" returns to the root directory and starts there
- Starting with "../" moves one directory backwards and starts there
- Starting with "../../" moves two directories backwards and starts there (and so on...)
- To move forward, just start with the first subdirectory and keep moving forward