A Quick Rundown of PDC 2009 Day 1 Announcements
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Microsoft kicked off Day 1 of its Professional Developer Conference (PDC) 2009 with a keynote by Ray Ozzie and Bob Muglia. Here are the highlights of the morning's announcements, with links to more information. Visit http://microsoftpdc.com/ for continuing coverage from the Channel 9 team as well as tomorrow morning's Day 2 Keynote featuring Scott Guthrie.
- Windows Azure - Microsoft's Cloud Computing platform was officially launched. It will be available for production use beginning January 1, 2010. Customers will not have to pay for service until Feb. 1st.
- Microsoft Pinpoint - A new online marketplace for Microsoft partners to offer applications.
- Microsoft Codename “Dallas” - A place where developers can find, purchase and use data from the cloud.
- Windows Server AppFabric - A set of application server technologies formerly code-named "Dublin". These features will simplify and enhance the use of Windows Workflow Foundation (WF) and Windows Communication Foundation (WCF).
- ASP.NET MVC 2 - The first beta release of MVC v2 was announced and made available to developers.
More New Downloads & Resources
SQL Server Modeling CTP Nov 2009 (Formerly Codename "Oslo")
Sync Framework PowerPack for SQL Azure
SQL Server 2008 R2 November CTP Reporting Services Add-in for Microsoft SharePoint Technologies 2010
Windows Azure Platform Training Course
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.