Rally Software Development Corp unveiled an ALM data warehouse in the cloud and the third generation of its award-winning Agile ALM solution. Rally's new ALM data warehouse lets organizations build the custom roll-up and drill-down reports. Unlike most ALM vendors that rely on infrequent snapshots to build reports, Rally’s new analytical database is updated in near-real-time and it requires zero customer infrastructure or costs to use.
“Executives need to know which big features to invest in, when they will be delivered and how projects are tracking to budget. At the same time, teams have to make hundreds of decisions for every release. Rally’s new ALM data warehouse provides decision support tools to instantly view status across distributed teams, analyze the root cause of problems, and better forecast which features can be delivered by when." - Zach Nies, VP of Products, Rally Software
New features in Rally Release 2009.4 and 2009.5 include:
- Report Designer – Users can create custom reports specifically tailored to their unique processes and use them to answer development questions. Rally’s ALM data warehouse captures data in near-real-time, so development teams can accurately communicate feature progress, quality and risks on a minute-by-minute basis.
- Role-based Dashboards – New role-based dashboards for Developers, Organizers and Stakeholders make it easier to learn and use Agile processes and the Rally tool. Each role is provided with the appropriate starting point for their Agile initiatives with options to tune their view to match their style. This gives users the ability to focus on the information they need to be a productive team member.
- Recent Activity Lifestream – Rally’s new Recent Activity Lifestream uses social media-style collaboration tools to surface the project activity you care about. It's now easy to answer the question, “What’s changed since I last checked in?” Related events are automatically grouped, and users can instantly discuss topics without leaving the application.
- Time Tracking – Rally's new Time Tracking features let contributors enter their time at several possible levels of granularity, including projects and tasks, without needing to go to more than one application to update task and timesheet information. Time Tracking data can be aggregated, reported and exported for budget tracking, billing, and capitalization purposes.
- Kanban Mashup – Rally's new Kanban mashup gives teams the option of managing pull-based, Lean software development projects alongside other iterative and time-boxed projects.
- Faster Performance
“A customizable user interface enables users to tailor their experience to fit their role responsibilities and preferred style of working. However, too many customization options can become overwhelming for users. The solution is to provide several pre-tweaked user interface options based upon the user’s role responsibilities and then let them tune that user interface to suit their personal style of working. The result: users will be happier, more efficient and the entire team will be more productive.” - Mike Gualtieri, senior analyst at Forrester Research
New features and enhancements in Rally 2009.4 are currently available to all customers. Rally's Agile lifecycle management solutions are available in two editions. Rally Community Edition is free for up to 10 users, and Rally Enterprise Edition starts at $35/user/month. For detailed product capabilities, see Rally's Edition Comparison guide at http://www.rallydev.com/agile_products/editions/.