So, our managed implementation of LevelDB is just about ready to go out and socialize. Note that these are just for a relatively short duration, but they give us a good indicator of where we are. We are still running longer term performance tests now. Also note that they are early numbers. We did performance work, but it is still not done.
The following tests were done on an HDD, and all include writing a million records (16 bytes key, 100 bytes values) to storage.
- Writing 1 million sequential keys - 52,152 op/s
- Writing 1 million random keys - 11,986 op/s
- Writing 1 million sequential keys with fsync - 17,225 op/s
And now for the reads portion:
- Sequential reads - 104,620 op/s
- Reverse sequential reads - 57,932 op/s
- Random reads - 3,191 op/s
Note that I am pretty sure that the reason for the latter performance is that it is using an HDD, instead of an SSD.