ReadyRoll Adds Imperative SQL Server Projects to Visual Studio
ReadyRoll, creators of intuitive productivity tools for software developers, today announces the availability of ReadyRoll SQL Server Projects for Visual Studio.
ReadyRoll allows database professionals to leverage their existing schema modeling tools to create a repeatable and predictable process for deploying their databases. ReadyRoll provides the "missing link" between the developer's isolated development environment and other lifecycle environments (Test/Stg/Prod) through integrations with SQL Server and Visual Studio.
The ReadyRoll project system for Visual Studio allows developers to:
- Use SQL Management Studio to create and alter their databases for an "Online" editing experience
- Experiment with new changes in a safely isolated environment
- Easily synchronize their private database server with Visual Studio to generate Transact-SQL migrations
- Provide "hand-cut" migrations for complex changes, such as table-splits, column renames and data updates
- Check their projects into source control via a third-party plugin (TFS, VisualSVN, VisualHG, etc)
- Produce a single, deterministic T-SQL script from their project for effortless onward deployment to Test/Stg/Prod
- Include the MSBuild-based projects in Continuous Integration as part of an enterprise ALM solution
ReadyRoll 1.0 is available immediately. To purchase or download a free 30-day trial, visit