Industry : Finance / Banking
Position : Senior Java Developer
Type of Screening : Telephone
Date : 11/21/2013
This was a telephone interview and the candidate was asked the following questions -
- Can you briefly explain your technical skill set and your experience with different Java Frameworks, especially with Spring and Hibernate ?
- Can you explain your current project and the technology stack used ?
- On what design patterns is Spring Framework built? Can you briefly explain them?
- What are benefits of IoC?
- What are different benefits of Spring Framework?
- Have you worked on any other Spring Modules other then Spring Core?
- What are the features of Spring Framework?
- What is AOP ?
- Have you used AOP in your current project?
- What is the difference between Bean Factory and Application Context?
- Can you explain Bean life cycle in Spring Bean Factory Container?
- What is auto-wiring?
- What are different types of auto wiring in Spring?
- What are different Bean scopes in Spring?
- What are differences between J2EE and Spring Framework? [Interviewer actually intended to ask differences between EJB Container and Spring Container]
- What is JDBCTemplate in Spring?
- What are the steps to integrate Spring with Hibernate?
- What is the difference between regular JDBC exceptions and Spring JDBCTemplate exceptions?
Most of the questions were focused on Spring and Hibernate Framework because Interviewer clearly mentioned that they are looking for a candidate who can help them with project that is going to be primarily built on Spring and Hibernate Frameworks.