|Red Hat Cool Store
It is time for another awesome
JBoss Business Rules Management System (BRMS) Cool Store Demo
, this time brought to you by Jason Milliron, one of our JBoss Solution Architects.
He put together an example web application based on the popular framework
which is an example of an online shopping cart. This web application demonstrates interaction between a web front end and a decision table and rules package. This allows the business logic to become externalized from your deployed application and can then be modified as needed at runtime. This application leverages the rules to calculate the shipping costs based on your rules in the table below.
|Shipping pricing table
It is pretty simple really, you can adjust how much the ranges are and what the shipping for the shopping cart total order will be by tweaking this table, for example:
- the price from Tier 1 based on value totaling between $26 - $50 is $5.99
- you can fill your cart with under $25 of materials to validate
- adjust it to $6.99 (as shown in yellow)
- save and commit changes
- build your coolstore package
- clear the shopping cart application
- re-order the same materials and validate the charge to shipping is now $6.99
I have released version 1.0 which will get you started in a very short amount of time. See the provided documentation and Readme file in the project. You will also find a complete BRMS rules package with unit test scenarios. This is a complete project.