Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.
Join For Free
Build vs Buy a Data Quality Solution: Which is Best for You? Gain insights on a hybrid approach. Download white paper now!
Upon realizing that if I could do something on a PC in seconds but it takes lots longer on a phone and that's all I have with me I often just don't bother doing it at all.
5 things then:
- Could this be an indication of an opportunity to make something better?
- Could just be a fundamental limitation of small, occasionally connected devices - can, and how do we live with this?
- Is this an opportunity for something that can capture context, intent and motivation for "when I'm next at my PC"
- Why am I happy letting my device dictate what I'll do? Is it just a trade off of effort and reward or am I at risk of getting in a position where the device available becomes the overriding decision making factor?
- If you want someone to do something you need to make it easy for them to do that, regardless of the type of device they may be using.
Build vs Buy a Data Quality Solution: Which is Best for You? Maintaining high quality data is essential for operational efficiency, meaningful analytics and good long-term customer relationships. But, when dealing with multiple sources of data, data quality becomes complex, so you need to know when you should build a custom data quality tools effort over canned solutions. Download our whitepaper for more insights into a hybrid approach.