Released: AgroSense 1.0.9
Released: AgroSense 1.0.9
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Get the Edge with a Professional Java IDE. 30-day free trial.
Look and Feel
Look and feel was the major focus for this release. We have implemented a brand new and consistent icon set. All explorers have been updated and all nodes now have an apropriate icon:
New Menu Structure
We have implemented a ribbon style menu structure with the use of the Flamingo and Trident libraries. Our implementation is mainly based on this NetBeans Platform tutorial. Since we use Maven as our build tool, we needed to make a few changes. The sources of our implementation are available here.
Besides fields, it is now possible to import an "esri" shapefile with help lines. These lines can, for example, be created by a farmer who wants to split a field in two parts to grow two different products on that field. The farmer can hire a quad with a trimble gps device and drive a straight line where the field should be split. Now the line can be imported into AgroSense so that it can be used later to split a field:
A new type of sensor is supported: the Fritzmeier. This makes it possible to import a Fritzmeier cvs file and show the results on the map. It is also possible to link Fritzmeier data to fields and cut out invalid data, such as roads, etc.
- Layers in the layerlist now have an icon which turns grey if the layer is not visible.
- It is now possible to remove a field.
- only valid fields are shown in the fieldlist (historic fields are filtered out)
To be able to imeplement the AgroSense ribbon bar, we needed the org.pushingpixels FlamIngo and Trident libraries.
We have created and published the new lib-flamengo NetBeans Platform library wrapper. More detail about it here.
The origional libraries (flamengo-5.0.jar and trident-1.3jar) are uploaded to Maven central, which means that manual installation is no longer needed.
How to Get the New Version
The new version is available for download here: http://java.net/projects/agrosense/downloads/download/agrosense-1.0.9.zip Users of cloudfarming > 1.0.4 will receive notice of the update on application start. Just start the update process to receive the new modules. Cloudfarming 1.0.4 and lower still contains a erroneous "hot" update center which will block the update with a proxy error. The "hot" updatecenter can be disabled at tools->plugins->settings. They can ofcouse also download the new version at the mentioned location.
We have set up a forum for support: http://java.net/projects/agrosense/forums/support Feel free to ask for any questions or help requests about AgroSense. Questions can also be posted at a mailinglist:http://java.net/projects/agrosense/lists A list with know issues can be found here: http://java.net/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=10735
- [AGROSENSE-210] - Importing shapefiles IllegalStateException
- [AGROSENSE-215] - AgroSense iconset upgrade
- [AGROSENSE-184] - Import shapefile with lines (and points)
- [AGROSENSE-185] - Spike: look and feel
- [AGROSENSE-187] - Remove field
- [AGROSENSE-188] - CLM code to HG
- [AGROSENSE-192] - Junit fixen
- [AGROSENSE-212] - Fritzmeijer
- [AGROSENSE-214] - Icon in layerlist depending on visibility state
- [AGROSENSE-193] - update query temporaal
- [AGROSENSE-194] - Check for partfield
- [AGROSENSE-195] - Remove field simple
- [AGROSENSE-196] - Permission CLM
- [AGROSENSE-197] - Create HG repo and fill it.
- [AGROSENSE-198] - Mark as line
- [AGROSENSE-199] - Create table
- [AGROSENSE-200] - Show as node in field explorer
- [AGROSENSE-201] - Drag lines to map
- [AGROSENSE-209] - Library wrapper for flamengo and trident
- [AGROSENSE-211] - agrosense ribbon implementation
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.