RelProxy v0.8.1 helping to reduce the number of redeploys in Java web development and more
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
What is RelProxy?
RelProxy has three principal features:
1) A class reloader in runtime from source code in Groovy or Java. Similar to JRebel but not so sophisticated... and cheaper (open source and free).
2) A scripting environment for Java as a scripting language (it is not true, is really automatically compiled in memory and optionally saved classes to disk), including "shell scripts" coded in pure Java.
3) JSR-223 Java Scripting API support for "the scripting language named Java."
RelProxy was born to provide automatic class reload to ItsNat, a Java based web framework, to code in Groovy, it became a general purpose tool including hot class Java support and Java "scripting".
This v0.8.1 release adds support to hot class reloading in development only phase without adding new source folders. A GWT based exampled is documented in manual, and source code is included in the repository .
This new release adds support to hot class reload in development only phase without adding new source folders. A GWT based exampled is documented, source code is in the repository.
- Fixed a problem with class localization and loading of javax.* classes not included in Java core (ex javax.servlet classes)
- Support of multiple input folder roots for sources: JProxyConfig.setInputPaths(String inputPaths)
- Added listener JProxyConfig.setRelProxyOnReloadListener(RelProxyOnReloadListener) to expecify excluded files
- Added listener JProxyConfig.setJProxyCompilerListener(JProxyCompilerListener) to monitor when files are compiled
- Added JProxyConfig.isRunning() to detect whether JProxy is configured and running
- Added new chapters to manual:
"Setting up a web project based on a Maven POM in NetBeans to use JProxy or GProxy"
"How JProxy can help you only in development time (GWT example)"
Download, manual, javadocs etc:
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.