Remote Jobs: These Companies are Hiring Now!
Looking for a career change? Don't worry about getting up early to avoid traffic anymore, code from your couch as a remote developer. Make the switch to a remote career today!
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Who doesn't want to work from home nowadays? There is something special about not having to sit in hours of interstate traffic or put a suit on for work every morning. If you're thinking what I'm thinking (traffic sucks) then your next career move might be in this article!
Check out the latest and greatest remote jobs posted on DZone Jobs, and claim your free candidate profile to easily apply to all open positions on (you can use your LinkedIn profile at setup)!
- Strong development experience with the Java stack.
- Experience working in an environment leveraging remote communication and collaboration tools (e.g. HipChat, Slack, video conferencing, wikis, GitHub, etc.)
- 6+ years experience as a core systems developer
- Experience in statically typed, OO languages like Java or C#
- Experience in dynamically typed “scripting” languages, like Python
- Be a senior Java engineer – including all aspects connected to it
- Have great networking, concurrency, serialization, garbage-collection skills
- Be skeptical yet always open to new concepts
- Experience with Go, Python, Clojure, Java, and C++
- 6+ years experience with data structures, design patterns, and modern programming practices
- 3+ Years of engineering experience with significant experience using NodeJS
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Understanding of MVC design patterns.
- 3+ years of software engineering management
- Recent experience leading teams producing complex interactive web experiences
- An engineering background with a B.S. or equivalent in a Software Engineering related domain
- Solid web developer with at least 4+ years of Python/ Django experience
- 4+ years professional experience with enterprise architecture and developing highly scalable websites/services
- Proficiency with large databases, it's design and maintenance
- An expert in performance
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- 3+ years of technical leadership experience
- 3+ years of experience managing a small team with a minimum of 3 direct reports
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong technical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Deep understanding of operating systems (Linux, Windows, OSX, etc.).
- Knowledge of networking (Sockets, HTTP, LDAP, proxies/firewalls, SSL).
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 2-3 years of SQL experience, including experience with traditional RDBMS databases, such as MySQL, Postgres, etc.
- Bonus: Linux programming, scripting, debugging and performance tools on UNIX, Linux, Shell or similar technologies
- 8+ years of software engineering experience with 5 years of Java applications development experience.
- Strong experience implementing ETL solutions.
- Strong database and data manipulation skills working with relational and non-relational models: experience with RDMS.
Are you on a team that's hiring developers? Visit DZone Jobs or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.