Rendering Large Projects to Single Image & Gantt Chart Data Writing to MPP
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
What’s new in this release?
We are pleased to announce the release of Aspose.Tasks for Java 7.0.0. Rendering project data has been supported by Aspose.Tasks for a long time and there have been a number of improvements to this feature. This month’s release also includes improvements to the MPP file rendering functionality to mimic Microsoft Project’s (MSP) behavior for the same functionality. It now provides the capability to retain various views as contained in the source project document. This includes support for Gantt chart, Task usage, Resource usage, resource sheet and task sheet. Other enhancements in this month’s release include retaining the source document’s columns during rendering. This enhancement retains the columns from the project document when rendering project data to different output formats. This keeps all the columns in the output, including custom field columns. It also includes rendering project data to a single image output. Rendering project data to separate output image files was supported in one of our earlier releases. However, the feature lacked support for rendering large projects to a single image without any borders. This month’s release now makes it possible to render large projects to a single image on a large page size such as A0. This month’s release also includes a number of bug fixes similar to those reported with our .NET version such as jumbling of resource names for recurring tasks while rendering project data, exceptions while loading and saving certain MPP files, issues with Gantt chart view, saving project data to separate files using streams and many more. Below is the complete list of new features and important bug fixes included in this release.
- Implement FilterCriteria writing to 2003 mpp format
- Implement GanttChart data writing to 2010-13 mpp formats
- Implement default ResourceToColumnTextConverter methods for all resource fields
- Implement default TaskToColumnTextConverter methods for all task fields
- Implement GanttChart data writing to 2007 mpp format
- Implement GanttChart data writing to 2003 mpp format
- Add Task.Progress rendering in GanttChart
- Add Task.Deadline rendering in GanttChart
- MPP->PDF: Retain same view for Resource Usage, Resource Sheet, Resource Form, Resource Graph, etc
- Text alignment and indentation problem is resolved in tasks list
- Render all the columns as per source MPP while conversion to PDF
- Render whole project as single image without page break borders
- Project to PDF: Resource names jumbles up
- MPP updated by Aspose.Tasks raises error message when modified in MSP
- Issue is resolved with dll obfuscations
- Exception is resolved while loading MPP file
- Exception is resolved while saving project data to MPP
- Inner bar for task was missing in GantChart view time line is now fixed
- Resource label getting cut off in time line section is now fixed
- Disable automatic task sorting is now resolved while MPP to PDF conversion
- All the indicators are now displayed like Over allocated resource indicator
- SaveToSeparateFiles flag is not effective for MemoryStream
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Tasks for Java documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Tasks for performing different tasks like the followings.
Overview: Aspose.Tasks for Java
Aspose.Tasks is a non-graphical Java Project management component that enables Java applications to read, write & manage Project documents without utilizing MS Project. It supports reading MS Project Template (MPT) files as well as allows exporting project data to HTML, BMP, PNG, JPEG, PDF, TIFF, XPS, XAML and SVG formats. It reads & writes MS Project documents in both MPP & XML formats. Developers can read & change tasks, recurring tasks, resources, resource assignments, relations & calendars.
More about Aspose.Tasks for Java
- Homepage of Aspose.Tasks for Java
- Download Aspose.Tasks for Java
- Demos of Aspose.Tasks for Java
- Online documentation of Aspose.Tasks for Jvaa
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.