Looking for a easy way to develop CouchApps for CouchDB? We've come across a tool called "Reupholster", a CouchApp generation tool on Google Code that can get you building apps in no time.
Some basic things Reupholster does:
- You choose a working directory
- You choose a couchdb instance (host, port, dbname)
- You get an example project created in the working directory with html and tests folders
- As you edit the html files in realtime, the changes are automatically sent to couch
- Click on the couch icon in the tray, and select Run Tests to run the tests in the 'tests' directory
Your only requirements to get started are:
- A Java runtime environment
- An installed CouchDB
- Firefox (if you use the browser in the test suite)
Reupholster also contains a few special features, which focus on placing documents, testing, and hosting.
Click here to download Reupholster and get started on building your CouchApp!