RichFaces 4.0 Takes Shape
Here are the main new features added in RichFaces 4.0.0
- Redesigned and improved Component Development Kit - Nearly complete!
- Ajax core components set almost completely migrated
- Ajax request smart Queuing mechanism implemented
- Rich Data Iteration components created
- Skinning including standard control skinning feature was migrated
- Maven archetype that is a very basic application to build on
With the alpha 2 release, there are also significant updates to the RichFaces build structure. When RichFaces 4.0 is complete, it will have a redesigned modular repository and build system. This will make JSF development easier for beginners, and it will let developers work on new components in various sandboxes.
Here is a complete list of the current components, behaviors, tags, and functions as of this release:
The next release of RichFaces 4.0 will be milestone one.
You can download all the release artifacts at the RichFaces download page. The distribution readme.txt in the richfaces-4.0.0.ALPHA2 file contains all you need to get started and integrate the library into your application. If you are using maven you can follow the wiki instructions: How to add RichFaces 4.X to Maven Based Project.