RubyMine 1.5 this FALL, Early Access — NOW
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
RubyMine 1.5, the update for JetBrains Ruby on Rails IDE, is scheduled this Fall. RubyMine 1.5 will bring lots of ruby/rails related improvements as well as a good deal of new IDE generic features that come from IntelliJ platform.
Here are some key features:
- Ruby 1.9 support
- Ruby code assistance in HAML view files
- New refactorings (introduce Constant, Introduce Field, Pull Up/Push Down, Extract Module, etc.)
- Improved Cucumber support, with code completion, inspections, and scenario-step definition navigation
- SQL console
- Shoulda testing framework support
Some IDE features include:
- Background enabled file-indexing
- Improved test runner UI
- Gems management enhancements
- Drag & Drop Between RubyMine and Explorer/Finder
Check out the RubyMine 1.5 roadmap to know what to expect and to see the current state.
RubyMine 1.5 Early Access is already available for download. Download it, try the new functionality in action and let the development team know what you think or what else you want to have in the most intelligent RoR IDE.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.