RubyMine IDE. Try the Beta and save 50% on RubyMine 1.0
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Back in November 2008 JetBrains opened the Public Preview for RubyMine, our new IDE for Ruby and Rails developers targeted at developer productivity (as all JetBrains products do). In 10 EAP builds released up to date, lots of new features have been added and improved thanks to the invaluable feedback we received.
Now RubyMine is ready to go Beta, which leaves only a small step to the 1.0 release, due out before the end of April.
Despite being the first major release, RubyMine 1.0 is a full-featured and mature integrated development environment. It provides developers with the following key functionality:
- Intelligent Editor with type-aware code completion for Ruby code
- Rails-specific code completion for Controllers, Helpers, Views, find_by_* methods and methods like url_for, redirect_to, etc.
- Set of refactorings for Ruby and Rails including Ruby-generic ones such as Extract Method
- Advanced project navigation with RoR-specific views and navigation actions
- Graphical Ruby debugger with breakpoints even in RHTML code
- Support for Ruby-specific unit testing frameworks (RSpec, Test::Unit and Test/Spec)
- Integrated Version Controls support including Subversion, Git and Perforce
RubyMine 1.0 will be very affordably priced at only $99.00. In addition, everyone can now get a 50% discount on RubyMine by submitting a request to JetBrains.
Download RubyMine Beta and request the discount to buy RubyMine 1.0 for just $49.00!
-JetBrains RubyMine Team
"Develop with Pleasure!"
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.