Saros Version 9.7.10 Released
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
The Saros Team is proud to announce the release of our fourth beta version 9.7.10.
Saros brings distributed pair programming to the Eclipse IDE. It features instant messaging capabilities, shared text file editing and shared file operations. Saros is developed by the Software Engineering group of the Freie Universität Berlin.
What's new in release 9.7.10?
- Jabber account creation was improved to deal with some quirks in popular servers.
- Adding new buddies in the roster has been completely overhauled and now is much more robust.
- Many bugs regarding role changes where fixed.
- The number of characters you and your remote peer typed is now collected as a per session statistic.
- We continue to work on making the initial synchronisation better and faster.
- Improved communication to the Jabber server by reducing the messages sent per second drastically.
- Saros supports Eclipse 3.5 and 3.4 now.
- No progress of role change is shown to the host.
- There is still no reliable server independent way for Saros to find out whether a contact exists on a XMPP server.
- No progress is shown for the invited peer when receiving the archive. Workaround: Check network traffic in the OS.
- Cancelling the sync might not stop the current file transfer to be interrupted. Workaround: Disconnect from Jabber server.
- Various race condition in sync. Workaround: Try again :-(
To obtain the new release, head over to our project site at SourceForge or use our Eclipse plugin update site. If you want to be notfied about every new release, feel free to subscribe to our announcement mailing-list.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.