Seeking API Pros' Input: 5th State of API Integration Survey Live
Share your perspective, help inform your peers. 25 min and you could win $100.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." - W. Edwards Deming
Over the past four years the annual State of API Integration report has become a resource for integration professionals to track trends, like the rise of GraphQL, and for product leaders to track key needs and drivers around APIs and integration. But that resource needs your input: please share your perspective in the 5th annual survey.
The survey takes ~25 minutes and you can opt in to win one of five $100 gift cards or share your thoughts anonymously.
For the 5th annual edition of the report, we hope to provide a deeper retrospective on the changes over a half-decade of many new developments and to take a pulse on what, if any, impacts CV-19 has had on API integration needs and work.
If you're not familiar with the State of API Integration report, you can find last year’s here. Respondents from 44 countries contributed and some of the key finding include:
- 83% of respondents see API integration as essential to their overall business strategy,
- The ideal integration experience is one that’s “seamless, effortless, and highly performant,”
- The most common driver for app integration is digital transformation (40.3% of responses),
- The biggest customer/partner integration demand is for customized APIs that fit a specific business need (55.4% of responses),
- and Matthew O'Riordan, CEO of Ably, chimed in on key trends in event-driven integration, the AsyncAPI Initiative, and the challenges event-driven designs still face (ex: protocol fragmentation and engineering fragmentation).
Thanks in advance for sharing your expertise and look for the report in the spring of 2021.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.