ServiceMix, ActiveMQ, CXF and Camel Training Videos
The FUSE team has assembled a collection of recorded demos, webinars and videos to help you get started quickly building your infrastructure using open source. They will also be hosting a series of live tutorials (from Feb 23 - Mar 23) showing you How to Get Started with FUSE ESB 4.
- Introduction to FUSE Open Source SOA – with Dir. of FUSE Marketing, Debbie Moynihan
Watch live tutorial: Getting Started with FUSE ESB 4 (click date to register)
- February 23 – 10 AM GMT (5 AM EST) with Ade Trenaman and Daan van Santen
- February 23 – 1 PM EST with Ade Trenaman and Jack Britton
- March 9 – 10 AM GMT (5 AM EST) with Ade Trenaman and Daan van Santen
- March 9 – 1 PM EST with Ade Trenaman and Jack Britton
- March 23 – 10 AM GMT (5 AM EST) with Ade Trenaman and Daan van Santen
- March 23 – 1 PM EST with Ade Trenaman and Jack Britton
Watch recorded demos on specific integration tasks
The following demo videos are in .wmv format. You can view them on your Linux or Mac using VLC Media Player. If you are using Quicktime on your Mac, you might need the Flip4Mac plugin to view them correctly.
FUSE ESB (based on Apache ServiceMix) training videos
- Getting started with ServiceMix: create a flow that routes from a file poller to a JMS queue
- Adding a transformation to a flow with ServiceMix: use a pipeline and the ServiceMix Saxon component to add an XSLT transformation to a flow
- ServiceMix performance: clearing out unused components, setting up m2eclipse to access ServiceMix archetypes, and configuring Eclipse to intellisense auto-complete your endpoint definitions
FUSE Integration Designer training videos
Working with EIPs:
- Creating an Enterprise Integration Pattern
- Debugging an Enterprise Integration Pattern
- Exporting an Enterprise Integration Pattern
- JAX-WS client/server example – Introduces FUSE Services Framework preferences, WTP Dynamic Web Project and the WTP Web Service Wizard while running trough a simple JAX-WS client/server example
- Deploy a Service to Tomcat – Creates a web service from a Java class, deploys the service to Tomcat and tests the service by creating a client using the WTP Web Service Client wizard
- WTP Web Service Wizard – Shows how the WTP Web Service Wizard can be used to create and deploy web services while also creating clients for those deployed services in one step
- Deploy a Service to JBoss – Creates and deploys a web service to JBoss and tests the service using the WTP Web Services Explorer
- JAX-WS Annotation validation – Shows the JAX-WS Annotation validation processing support
- Create Service from WSDL – Creates a web service from a WSDL file, deploys it to Tomcat and tests the service using the WTP Web Services Explorer
FUSE Mediation Router (based on Apache Camel) Videos
In this 5 minute video, architect James Strachan introduces the basics of Apache Camel, and provides a simple demonstration of how you can use Camel to apply standard Enterprise Integration Patterns for content-based routing, message splitting and other patterns, configured in either Java or XML.
Getting Started with SMX4
These videos are .mov files which require QuickTime to view.
- Building, installing and running FUSE ESB 4 (screencast): In this session, Ade shows how to build, install and run FUSE ESB 4. He also shows how to “prune” the installation so that FUSE ESB only loads up the modules you need for your work.
- Deploying a POJO into FUSE ESB 4 (screencast): In this session, Ade gives an overview of his development environment, and shows how to deploy and share your Java POJOs into FUSE ESB 4. He shows how to integrate your logging with the FUSE ESB 4 logging system, and, how to read your own custom configuration data using properties files and the OSGi configuration service.
- Deploying a Web Service into FUSE ESB 4 (screencast): In this session, Ade shows how to create a SOAP/HTTP web service using JAX-WS and deploy it into the FUSE ESB 4 runtime. He also shows how to tie this new component in with the shared POJO developed previously.
- Deploying an Enterprise Integration Pattern into FUSE ESB 4 (screencast): In this session, Ade shows how to create and deploy enterprise integration patterns. Using the Apache Camel DSL, he creates a file- and FTP-poller to read in plain-text CSV files, saves them to a persistent queue using JMS, and then splits the batch data line-by-line for individual processing.
- Deploying a JBI component into FUSE ESB 4 (screencast): In this session, Ade shows how to take JBI solutions developed and deployed in FUSE ESB 3 and deploy them in the FUSE ESB 4 container.