ServiceStack is an open source platform and it’s a simple, fast and light Wight framework to build a web service application and web application. It is support cross-platform like Mono, Linux, Mac OS X, iOS, Sun Solaris, Microsoft Windows etc. It is a configuration free, code-first and an alternative to WCF, ASP.NET Web API and ASP.NET MVC Framework. It is provides many features, reuse code for maximum level, make version-able with an end-to-end solution service.
The ServiceStack is an available lot of features as following
- REST, SOAP and MQ Services
- HTTP Client Utility and generic type
- Integration with ASP.NET MVC Framework
- JSON Serializer
- Provide a virtual file system, bundling and Logging
- Security, authentication and authorization
- Lightweight ORM (OrmLite) and etc.
Refer more features to visit https://servicestack.net/features
You can add your project for StackService package via NuGet as following steps
Installed NuGet Client package on your system
The NuGet Package is an available on the codeplex website. You can download and install the NuGet Client package from the http://nuget.codeplex.com
- Double Click NuGet.Tools.vsix
- Click “Install” Button
- Click “Close” Button
- Open the Visual Studio
- Go to Tools àNuGet Package Manager à Click Package Manage Console
- The Package Manager Console will be opened
- Then, Type “install-package ServiceStack
Add ServiceStack to your project as following command in the Package Manager Console.
ServiceStack with OrmLite or Redis
ServiceStack with Razor
ServiceStack with Asp.Net MVC