The Ship Show: DevOpsDays Silicon Valley 2013 Super Panel
Episode 22 sports a special treat: in case you weren’t able to attend DevOpsDays Silicon Valley 2013, we join forces with the Food Fight Show(again!) and the DevOps Cafe for the first ever “Food Ship Cafe!” We convene a group of DevOps household names (including the “fairy godmother” of DevOps himself!) for the:
DevOpsDays Silicon Valley 2013 Super Panel!
- 1:05 – Sascha gets some feedback on her Velocity Conf slides
- 2:02 – News & Views
- 2:06 – Oracle discontinues free timezone updates for customers without a support contract; later reverses the decision
- 2:20 – Also (accidentally) re-licenses the MySQL manual pages
- 5:43 – 15 milliseconds = $28 million?
- 7:35 – Someone does a technical teardown of the original Prince of Persia source code for the Apple IIe
- 7:56 – The original 6502 assembly Prince of Persia source codeavailable on github
- 9:17 – Don’t copy that floppy!
- 12:29 – Main Segment: DevOpsDays Silicon Valley 2013 Super Panel!
- 43:53 – Tool Tip
For everyone who doesn’t know about it yet, Paul introduces ipython: an interactive frontend to the Python interpreter that brings a number of great features to Python developers!
What #DevOpsDays Silicon Valley 2013 keynotes and Ignite talks did you like the best (you can watch them all for free!)
Join the discussion!