SKP's Top 10 Programmers of All Time
Guess this One will be the Favorite Among All Here ~ Also, One that We May Never Fully Agree Upon Across the World — Here's my List!
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Guess this One will be the Favorite Among All Here ~ Also, One that We May Never Fully Agree Upon Across the World — Here's my List — Come Up with Your Own and Post Along with Justification. You May Criticize my List, As Well! But In All — C, C++, Java, C#, Python, Ruby, PHP, Go, F# or Whatever — We are all 'Great Developers' in Our Own Ways!
My 'Personal Greats List' from what has been part of my life for the last 25 years [1995-2020] — Programming!
Parameters [Timeline of Impact]
Technical Impact of Creation [Lifelong]
Business Impact of Creation [Lifelong]
Competitive Programming [Till Date]
All-Round Achievements [Lifelong]
Programmers [Major Contribution — Nationality — Affiliation]
01. Dennis Ritchie [B, C — U.S.A — Bell Labs/Dead]
02. Brian Kernighan [Unix, AWK, C — Canada- Princeton University]
03. Bjarne Stroustrup [C++ — Denmark — Morgan Stanley]
04. James Gosling [Java — Canada — Liquid Robotics]
05. Linus Torvalds [Linux — Finland — Linux]
06. Ken Thompson [B, Unix, Go — U.S.A — Google]
07. Donald Knuth [Algorithms — U.S.A — Stanford]
08. Petr Mitrichev [Competitive — Russia — Google]
09. Gennady Korotkevich [Competitive — Belarus — ITMO]
10. Bill Gates [Microsoft — U.S.A — Microsoft]
Do you agree with me?
If not, your comments along with your own personal list (if any) would be really appreciated.
Published at DZone with permission of Sumith Puri, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.