We are happy to announce that another version of the Lucene library and Solr search server has been released. Of course, this is another release from the 5.x branch and it is numbered 5.5. Let’s take a look on what changes were introduced to those products.
Some of the changes included in the Lucene library:
- JoinUtil.createJoinQuery works with numeric doc values fields
- New similarity model was introduced – DFISimilarity
- New optimizations were done in BooleanQuery
- New constructors in TermsQuery are now more garbage collector friendly
Some of the changes in the Solr search server:
- Schema.xml version was increased to 1.6 and now Solr returns non stored doc values fields by default in addition to the stored fields
- mergePolicy section in the solrconfig.xml file has been deprecated and replaced by mergePolicyFactory
- CheckIndex tool works with HdfsDirectory now
- We can choose stored fields compression using SchemaCodecFactory
- Collections API now supports asynchronous calls
- XMLQueryParser support
- Fast, uninverted field faceting is back for high performance on rarely changing indices
The full list of changes in Lucene library is available at http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ReleaseNote55
. Full list of changes in Solr search server is available at \http://wiki.apache.org/solr/ReleaseNote55.
Apache Lucene library 5.5 can be downloaded from: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/java/. If you want to download Solr search server 5.5 go to http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/solr/.