Solr Explain 0.9.1 – New version
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
after a few weeks (counting christmas, when people don’t usually analyze theirs solr queries ) we would like to share some thoughts about releasing explain.solr.pl . we noticed the following:
- explain tool have goaded some attention, but most to the explains are marked as private.
- in relatively large amount of explain only query was submit instead of the whose response.
- often the results don’t have diagnostic information ( debugquery=true ).
- unreleased apache solr 4.0 is quite popular
- explain parser did a good job (of course without counting the obvious solr 4.0 explain parsing problems).
- we need to work on clarity of the messages.
- we need to focus on enabling solr 4.0 explain parsing.
today new version of explain.solr.pl was deployed. the changes are as follows:
- simple analysis of query performance was added.
- displayed messages are now more user friendly.
- explain parser was corrected according to text files generated by solr 3.5 unit test cases.
- minor gui enhancements.
Published at DZone with permission of Rafał Kuć, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.