Every day I learn something new about SharePoint.
Today, when I was deploying some apps to Office 365, I came across an interesting situation and wanted to dig in.
I was developing an app that uses a list to retrieve specific items and it was working perfectly in my On-Premise environment.
When I deployed the same app to Office 365 Developer Suite, I received this error in my Chrome’s Developer Tools.. something similar to "403 (Forbidden)" linking "SP.RequestExecutor.js" file.
Well, that ruined me for a second — I didn't expect it at all.
Then after some research I found that: "Tenant" needs to be added as "Read" permission in "ApplicationManifest.xml" configuration.
And, the other problem for me was using the Chrome Browser.When you deploy an app to Office 365, you should always use Internet Explorer as your default browser because by default it lets you select the "Trust-Don’t Trust" option which is needed to run the app which Chrome doesn’t provide.
That's all. If you have come across the same situation, now you know the trick.