Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.
Join For Free
Build fast, scale big with MongoDB Atlas, a hosted service for the leading NoSQL database. Try it now! Brought to you in partnership with MongoDB.
Jonathan Ellis has listed the new features added in Cassandra 1.1 over at the Datastax blog. Here's a summary of some of the more interesting changes.
- Support for CQL3 (including support for compound keys and wide rows)
- Updated caching simplifieshow you tune cache sizes.
- Support for mixing SSDs and magnetic storage, allocated by table.
- Support for Atomicity, Isolation, and Durabiity out of ACID
- Live traffic sampling.
- Compression is enabled by default.
- SerializingCachProvider now supported on Windows.
Now it's easier than ever to get started with MongoDB, the database that allows startups and enterprises alike to rapidly build planet-scale apps. Introducing MongoDB Atlas, the official hosted service for the database on AWS. Try it now! Brought to you in partnership with MongoDB.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.