Jonathan Ellis has listed the new features added in Cassandra 1.1 over at the Datastax blog. Here's a summary of some of the more interesting changes.
- Support for CQL3 (including support for compound keys and wide rows)
- Updated caching simplifieshow you tune cache sizes.
- Support for mixing SSDs and magnetic storage, allocated by table.
- Support for Atomicity, Isolation, and Durabiity out of ACID
- Live traffic sampling.
- Compression is enabled by default.
- SerializingCachProvider now supported on Windows.