Some Little Tweaks in Cassandra 1.1
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Jonathan Ellis has listed the new features added in Cassandra 1.1 over at the Datastax blog. Here's a summary of some of the more interesting changes.
- Support for CQL3 (including support for compound keys and wide rows)
- Updated caching simplifieshow you tune cache sizes.
- Support for mixing SSDs and magnetic storage, allocated by table.
- Support for Atomicity, Isolation, and Durabiity out of ACID
- Live traffic sampling.
- Compression is enabled by default.
- SerializingCachProvider now supported on Windows.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.