Some of the Important Shortcuts for Visual Studio Code
Check out this handy cheat sheet of shortcuts for Microsoft's Visual Studio IDE, including a link to an exhaustive list of all VS shortcuts!
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Visual studio code is a Great editor for the web development. I have started using it and I’m loving it more and more. For any editor shortcut keys are important you can do lots more without moving to mouse with a shortcut. In this blog post, we are going to learn about shortcuts for Visual Studio Code.
- Ctrl + P: Goto File, You can move to any file of open solution/folder in Visual Studio code.
- Ctrl + Shift + O : Goto Symbol, You can move to any function, variable or symbol of the current file.
- F12 : Goto Definition – You can move to the definition of symbol or function with this command
- Ctrl + G : Goto line, You can move to particular line number
- Alt + Left: Navigate between files goes to the left side of files
- Alt+ Right: Navigate between files goes to the right side of files
- Alt + F12: Peek definition, You can see preview of code for a function
- Ctrl + Shift + D: Debug folder or file.
- Ctrl + Shift + F: Search in all files.
- Ctrl + Shift + H: Replace in all the files
- Ctrl + T: Go to symbol in all files
- Ctrl + B : Toggle Slider Bar
- Ctrl + 1: Focus Left Editor
- Ctrl+ 2: Focus Right Editor
- F2: Rename symbol and function
- Ctrl + Shift + X : Goto Extension Window
- Ctrl + J: Toggle Panels
- Ctrl + ` : Open terminal in VSCode
- Ctrl + Shift + U: Show output Window
- Ctrl + Shift + M : Show problems, Where you can see all the problems related to code and warnings.
You can find all the shortcuts of Visual Studio code from the following link.
That’s it. Hope you like it. Stay tuned for more!!
Published at DZone with permission of Jalpesh Vadgama, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.