Learn how API management supports better integration in Achieving Enterprise Agility with Microservices and API Management, brought to you in partnership with 3scale
'Spotlight on GlassFish 4.
0.1' is a series of posts that highlights specific enhancements of the upcoming GlassFish 4. 0.1 release. It could be a new feature, a fix, a behavior change, a tip, etc.
#3 Changing the release number
Originally, the upcoming release of GlassFish was going to be
called GlassFish 4.0.1 as it was mostly focused on fixing issues. But
based on its actual content, we decided that calling it 4.1
would make more sense and reflect more the scope of this release:
- Support for Java SE 8
- Support for Java EE 7 specifications that had a Maintenance
Release : CDI 1.2, WebSocket 1.1 and their respective implementations,
Weld and Tyrus.
- Updated implementations of Jersey, Grizzly, Mojarra, EclipseLink, HK2, Metro, Open MQ, EL, Derby, JavaMail, etc.
- And some of those implementations brings additional capabilities to GlassFish (e.g. Jersey brings OAuth support)
- Several hundreds of fixes!
- An updated version of the Java EE 7 Tutorial
Changing a version number during a release stabilization phase is
a bit tricky but we decided it was worth the effort (and the risk!). So
please bare with us for as the build infrastructure is being updated to
reflect this change! Everything should be back onto track in a day or
Unleash the power of your APIs with future-proof API management - Create your account and start your free trial today, brought to you in partnership with 3scale.