Spring for Apache Hadoop 2.2 GA released
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
We are pleased to announce the Spring for Apache Hadoop 2.2 GA release.
The most important changes/enhancements in the Spring for Apache Hadoop 2.2 version are:
- Remove support for running with JDK 6, Java 7 or later is now required
- Improvements to the HDFS writer to support syncable writes and a new timeout option
- Improvements in the HBase support - adding PUT and DELETE to HbaseTemplate
- Add support for Pivotal HD 3.0
- Update Cloudera CDH 5 to use version 5.3.3
- Update Hortonworks HDP 2.2 version to 184.108.40.206
- Update Kite SDK to version 1.0
- Update Spring project versions to the latest
We continue to provide version specific artifacts with their respective transitive dependencies in the Spring IO milestone repository:
- 2.2.0.RELEASE (default - Apache Hadoop stable 2.6.0)
- 2.2.0.RELEASE-phd21 (Pivotal HD 2.1)
- 2.2.0.RELEASE-phd30 (Pivotal HD 3.0)
- 2.2.0.RELEASE-cdh5 (Cloudera CDH5)
- 2.2.0.RELEASE-hdp22 (Hortonworks HDP 2.2)
Please provide feedback so we can prioritize the work on new features scheduled for 2.3 (see previous blog post for a list) and any additional feature requests. You can use JIRA issues or GitHub issues (see project page for links).
The project page is at - http://projects.spring.io/spring-hadoop/
Published at DZone with permission of Pieter Humphrey, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.