Spring for Apache Hadoop 2.4.0 GA Released
Learn about the improvements that Spring for Apache Hadoop 2.4 adds and version specific artifacts that are provided in the repository.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
We are pleased to announce the Spring for Apache Hadoop 2.4.0 GA release.
In addition to version upgrades for Hadoop distros, Spring for Apache Hadoop 2.4 adds the following improvements:
- Add build support for HDP 2.4 [SHDP-557]
- Create utils sub-project [SHDP-556]
- Fix issue where NetworkUtils may find wrong default address [SHDP-546]
- Missing trailing slash on spring.yarn.applicationDir path fails to localize [SHDP-562]
See the release changelog for details.
We continue to provide version specific artifacts with their respective transitive dependencies in the Spring IO milestone repository:
- 2.4.0.RELEASE (default - Apache Hadoop stable 2.7.1)
- 2.4.0.RELEASE-phd30 (Pivotal HD 3.0)
- 2.4.0.RELEASE-cdh5 (Cloudera CDH 5.7)
- 2.4.0.RELEASE-hdp23 (Hortonworks HDP 2.3)
- 2.4.0.RELEASE-hdp24 (Hortonworks HDP 2.4)
Please provide feedback so we can prioritize the work on new features scheduled for 2.5. You can use JIRA issues or GitHub issues (see project page for links).
The project page is at - http://projects.spring.io/spring-hadoop/
Published at DZone with permission of Thomas Risberg. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.