[This article was written by Rob Winch.]
I'm pleased to announce the release of Spring Session 1.0.0.RC1.
For full details on the changes made in the release, please refer to the changelog. The highlights of this release include:
- WebSocket support. See the websocket sample for details.
- Support for multiple simultaneous sessions in a single browser. Refer to the users sample for an example.
- Simplified configuration with @EnableRedisHttpSession and AbstractHttpSessionApplicationInitializer
- Support for background task to cleanup expired Redis sessions. See spring-session/gh-59
- Added spring-session-data-redis pom to make declaring dependencies more concise.
- Hazelcast Sample
Please try out the updates and provide feedback. Our current plan is to go GA in early December.