Spring Tool Suite 3.8.1 Released
See the issues fixed with the latest version of Spring Tool Suite.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
I am happy to announce the 3.8.1 release of the Spring Tool Suite, our Eclipse-based tooling.
STS 3.8.1 focuses on fixing existing issues. The list of fixed issues include:
- Spring Boot Dashboard works behind a proxy again.
- Spring Boot Dashboard expose via ngrok feature work wells with multiple launch configs now.
- In addition to templates for logging errors and warnings, there is a new logd template for logging debug output.
- A newer version of CFT made it into STS 3.8.1 which provides an improved packaging mechanism for deploying Spring Boot apps.
- Assert templates now use JUnit or AssertJ, depending on what is on the classpath of the project.
- Spring Boot dashboard now shows only one port when the app uses a dynamic port and has boot devtools enabled.
- Fixed a problem that caused services to continue to show up on the boot dashboard even though there was an error connecting to the CF target.
- Fixed a ConcurrentModificationException in the boot dashboard.
- The sorting of the CF targets in the boot dashboard now takes customized labels into account.
- The reactive streams bundle is now signed.
- Fixed an issue with the Groovy-Eclipse m2e connector with missing source folders.
- Added an action to jump to the ngrok admin web UI directly from the boot dashboard.
- Fixed an issue with the port of a boot app not showing up in the dashboard.
- Fixed an issue with the boot dashboard not identifying the starting state of a boot app correctly.
- Fixed an issue with the dialog that lets you select a manifest when deploying an app to CF (let you deploy even in case of an error in the manifest file).
To download the distributions, please go visit:
- Spring Tool Suite: https://spring.io/tools/sts/all
Detailed new and noteworthy notes can be found here: STS 3.8.1 New & Noteworthy.
Published at DZone with permission of Martin Lippert. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.