Originally authored by Martin Lippert on the SpringSource blog
Dear Spring Community,
we are happy to announce the next major release of our Eclipse-based tooling today: The Spring Tool Suite (STS) 3.4.0 and the Groovy/Grails Tool Suite (GGTS) 3.4.0.
Highlights from this release include:
- import new Getting Started guides directly into the IDE
- new wizard to start with Spring Boot directly from within the IDE
- automatic detection for JavaConfig classes
- basic support for Groovy in Spring IDE
- updated to Eclipse Kepler SR1
- updated to Grails 2.2.4
- updated to tc Server 2.9.3
Both tool suites ship on top of the latest Eclipse Kepler SR1 release.
To download the distributions, please go visit:
- Spring Tool Suite: https://spring.io/tools/sts/all
- Groovy/Grails Tool Suite: https://spring.io/tools/ggts/all
Detailed new and noteworthy notes can be found here: STS/GGTS 3.4.0 New & Noteworthy.
The next version 3.5.0 is scheduled to arrive in March 2014, shortly after the Eclipse Kepler SR2 (4.3.2) release. The first milestone build is scheduled to arrive in late November 2013.