Spring XD 1.1 M1 and 1.0.2 Released
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
[This article was written by Mark Pollack.]
On behalf of the Spring XD team, I am very pleased to announce the first milestone release of Spring XD 1.1 and the 1.0.2 maintenance release.
In addition to bug fixes, Spring XD 1.0.2 now supports Apache Hadoop 2.5.1. Pivotal PHD 2.1 and Cloudera CDH 5.1.3.
The 1.1 M1 release includes bug fixes and enhancements as well as several new features:
- Run a Spark Application as a batch job
- Python based processors and sinks
- Kafka source and sink
- HDFS sink supports writing to a Kerberized Hadoop Cluster
- LDAP Authentication
- Modules can be created using Java @Configuration classes as an alternative to XML
- Redis sink and JDBC Source
- Hadoop distribution updates. Support for Apache Hadoop 2,4.1/2.5.1 (default), Pivotal PHD 2.0/2.1, Cloudera CDH 5.2, and Hortonworks HDP 2.1. Apache Hadoop 2.2 support was removed
- Configurable location of Spring XD’s top level node in Zookeeper
Of note for the next release of Spring XD 1.1 RC1 we will be including support for
- A Kafka based message bus in addition to revamped Kafka support based on the low level consumer API
- Modules that use Reactor’s Stream API
- Processor and Sink modules that use Spark Streaming
- Simplified module contribution based on Spring Boot
Feedback is very important, so please get in touch with questions and comments via
- Spring JIRA or GitHub Issues
Published at DZone with permission of Pieter Humphrey, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.
Superior Stream Processing: Apache Flink's Impact on Data Lakehouse Architecture
Decoding ChatGPT: The Concerns We All Should Be Aware Of
Extending Java APIs: Add Missing Features Without the Hassle
Knowing and Valuing Apache Kafka’s ISR (In-Sync Replicas)