Development of Apache Tomcat continues at a strong pace. This presentation will cover:
- Future development plans (features, timing).
- Current work.
- Overview of new features available now in Tomcat 9/Tomcat 8.5.
- OpenSSL-based TLS.
- OAuth (via JASPIC).
- Why do we need Tomcat 8.5?
- Migrating from older versions.
- End-of-life plans for older versions.
- Progress towards a Servlet 4.0 implementation.
As a result of watching this presentation, the audience will gain an understanding of the new features available now or soon to be available in Tomcat 9 and how they can best utilize these features in their applications.
Speaker: Mark Thomas.